Young adults who were once in the foster care system, and no longer in care, ages 20-25
Help the young adult sustain livable wages, teach financial literacy, show the value of savings, and become independent
- Young adults are required to fill out an application online; it is then reviewed by a THRU Project Housing Resource Coordinator.
- Young adults are placed in one-bedroom apartments through our partnership with local property managers.
- All apartments are fully furnished and near a bus line.
All participants must be working full-time or a combination of working part-time and going to school, and be able to put money into a savings account in their name every month.
- THRU Project Housing Resource Coordinators meet with the young adults every month and have weekly check-ins via phone.
- Housing Resource Coordinators ensure the apartments are clean, monthly budgets are prepared, and provide any case management services the participant needs.
- This program is funded through grants and private donations.
- The program costs THRU Project $18,000/year for rent per participant plus the cost of furniture, household essentials, and case management.