Young adults who were in the foster care system and in their junior or senior year of college
To support every participant in finishing their college degree
- The University of Texas at San Antonio, Texas A&M University – San Antonio, or Alamo Colleges must refer each young adult to this program.
- Young adults are:
- Placed in a fully furnished two-bedroom apartment
- Located near the college they are attending
- Rooming with another participant going to the same school
All participants are required to maintain a 2.5 GPA every semester.
- THRU Project Housing Resource Coordinators will meet with each participant every month and discuss their progress with the college advisor assigned to them.
- Housing Resource Coordinators will ensure every apartment is clean, provide case management services to assist with any need they may have, and work on their college and career goals.
- The program costs THRU Project $18,000/year for rent per participant plus the cost of furniture, household essentials, and case management.
- This program is funded through grants and private donations.